Saturday, April 18, 2020

Quilting the Silver Wolves Quilt

The top three borders of the Silver Wolves quilt are done.

Maybe I'd have gotten more done, had I not decided to make a giant pot of chili.  I make it like I always taught my girls:   fix each part of a casserole, soup, pot pie, or suchlike, so that those individual parts are each so yummy, when you taste them you want to eat them by themselves!  Then when you combine those ingredients, you’ll have the best dish anyone could ever come up with. 😋

I need to look up my freezer bags and containers, because there’s a whole lot left over.  Just look what a huge pot is on my stove!  It was full, by the time I put the tomato sauce in, along with all the onions, celery, and summer squash I cut up.  I added corn, green beans, peas, and carrots, too.   Mmmmm...   But I won't freeze any of it until Monday.  It always tastes better on days 2 and 3, and if I freeze it right now, it will only have Day-One Flavor.

The chili was a wee bit bitter, as chili sometimes is, so I thought of those ingredients one can add to help matters ----- and whataya know, I had some of every recommended ingredient.  So... I added several squirts of lemon juice, a big chunk of brown sugar, an entire stick of butter, and a spoonful of baking soda (which makes it fizz quite entertainingly).

And then it was good.  Really, really good – except I was afraid it might be too hot for Larry.  The three little cans of tomato sauce I'd added to the two big ones were heavily laced – with jalapeños. 😬🤪🥵

It’s hot.

Why did I think I needed to cook the entire four-pound bag of kidney beans, for crying out loud?!  Ah, well.  It'll be very nice to have chili in the freezer for a while.








No comments:

Post a Comment