Here are the quilt and pillows on Victoria's bed. We had to see how it would look before folding it all up again, putting everything into a box, and wrapping it.
Friday, November 18, 2011
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Done with pillow #4! Two more to go. The first picture is the original pillow. I put a bit more stuffing in it before covering it.
Here is pillow #5, a smaller rectangular one with gathered piping. That leaves only one more to do, and I have it partially done. Mañana!
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Here is pillow #3, sitting on the ‘new’ marble table that I got at the Used Furniture Store. It was a job and a half for Larry and Caleb to carry it down the hill, around the house, and into the patio door of the walkout basement. Larry says I go in a furniture store, hunt all over the premises for the heaviest thing they have, and, as soon as I find it, that's what I buy.
Larry put down a big piece of carpet that we got from someone who listed it on Freecycle – we have enough to carpet the entire basement, I think, and it looks nearly like new. It’s very light tan – which means it won’t look ‘nearly like new’ for long, unless I can somehow keep the booted members of the household off of it. But it’s so thick and soft... exactly what I needed down there on that cold cement floor.
Someday, Larry will insulate and finish the walls and ceiling in knotty pine to match my sewing room (you can see the door to it in the background).
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Friday, November 11, 2011
The first pillow is done. It took several hours -- and when I tallied up how many pieces were in it, I figured out why: there are 260 pieces, counting the covered piping and the back. The finished little HST squares around the blocks measure 1/2". The pillow is 18" square.