Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Fabric for Next Quilt

Does this look like a quilt to you?

Don't laugh at it!  What might look like mayhem, disarray, and hodgepodge to you is an organized and well-grouped coordination to me.   😂

Amazingly, in my smallish stash I found a 5-yard piece of fabric -- the only sizable piece -- that will work for the backing, and a piece that will look nice as binding (last two photos).  The background will have to be scrappy white-on-creams; I don't have enough of any one white or cream fabric for the background.

Tomorrow I'll start cutting.  If the quilt turns out like I want it to, it will be for my niece Susan, Kelvin's sister, who is fighting an aggressive form of breast cancer.  I wound up choosing an entirely different pattern than the ones I designed in EQ8; it's a pattern in a book, which I've long intended to use.

(Nope, not telling yet.)  😉






No comments:

Post a Comment