Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Pieced Border Done

The pieced border is done for my nephew Kelvin's quilt; I plan to attach it tomorrow, along with a couple more borders. And then it will be ready to load on my quilting frame. It will have a flannel back; it's in the dryer right now this very minute.

I had just enough of the cream-on-cream fabric for the border background behind the pieced squares – until I scorched one small triangle. So one small triangle now has a seam in the middle of it. And I will remember that this particular fabric is more susceptible to scorching than the rest of the fabric. The other half of the triangle duo was scorched a bit, too; but it’s not too bad, and we’re going to pretend we can’t even see it. (Aren’t we?)




3 comments:

  1. I love the border!! Pieced, unexpected borders are my thing! No close-up of the scorch or the repair?? You expect me to find it??? LOL

    ReplyDelete