Sunday, April 23, 2017

Emma's Lavender-Green Quilt

This quilt was made from a kit given to me by my sister-in-law.  I finished it last night.  Thank you, Annette!

I'm going to save it for Emma for Christmas.  The green fabric is chenille.  The pantograph pattern is Folk Irises.  It measures 47" x 57".

The light mint green with lavender butterflies is flannel.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Emma's Lavender-Green Quilt

The majority of the quilt top is together.  Most of the fabric is from a kit my sister-in-law gave me.  The green rectangles are chenille.  I have one more border to add to it -- a light green flannel with lavender butterflies.  The binding will be purple.  

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A little while later:
Outer border is on.  As soon as I put together a back, it'll be ready to quilt.  It measures 47" x 57"  The original kit quilt was 32 1/2" x 40 1/2".

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Found a Quilt Amidst All the Cleaning and Sorting

While cleaning out Caleb's old cubbyhole (large storage space under the eaves, accessed via divided doors at the end of his long closet), I found this quilt.  It's still like new... and I think, though I am not sure, my late sister-in-law Janice made it.

I've washed it and given it to daughter Lydia to use in her little boy Jacob's new bedroom.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Customer's 'Toys' Baby Quilt

I finished my customer's baby quilt tonight.  It's quilted with a Trains pantograph.  The back is flannel.

Flannel back

Thursday, February 2, 2017

New Sizzix Eclips2 Cutter

Tonight I finally had time to get out my new Sizzix Eclips2 Cutter that the children gave me for Christmas.  In nothing flat, it cut 12" x 24" sheets of fusible-backed fabric into petals, with very little waste.  And thus, entirely without meaning to, I have started on the quilt I designed in EQ7 a couple of days ago (see previous post, here).

Unbelievable, how much time this is going to save me in cutting appliqués.  If I use this method of affixing fusible (I used Heat 'N Bond Lite) to the fabric before cutting, however, I'll have to switch to raw-edge appliqué, and put a fine satin stitch around each piece.

There will be a whole lot of other uses for it, too.  I've only just begun to learn about it.

Slightly different version of the Baskets of Lilies quilt:

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Baskets of Lilies Quilt

When you don't have time to actually sew a quilt, ... 
you design one in EQ7!

Friday, January 6, 2017

Norma with Her Quilt

Here's Norma, my sweet mother-in-law, with her quilt last Saturday; Larry is helping her hold it up.

Buoyant Blossoms Borders and Sashings

Finally, the final installment!  This is for the sashings and borders of the Buoyant Blossoms large personal throw.  The pattern will be free for one month.

Here is the link to Google Drive:
Buoyant Blossoms Borders & Sashings

Link to the pattern at my Craftsy store:
Buoyant Blossoms Borders, Craftsy

Link to the pattern on Etsy (20¢ is the lowest they allow any listing):
Buoyant Blossoms Borders, Etsy

I hope you send me photos of your blocks and quilt!  Here is my email address:

,,,>^..^<,,,       Sarah Lynn       ,,,>^..^<,,,