Thursday, April 9, 2020

Label for Atlantic Beach Path Quilt

The label for the Atlantic Beach Path quilt is done.  I used the embroidery module on my new-to-me Bernina Artista 730 for the first time.  I'm so happy with it.  I could see the screen so much better than the one on my older Artista 180, and it worked so much faster.  I didn't run into character limitations on the lines, and, using Word Art, I curved one of the lines with a touch of a button.  What used to take an hour and a half took exactly 34 minutes -- and the thread didn't break once.  

The more different things I tried, the more things I found that were an improvement over the older machine.  Plus, the surround table that Johnny made for Sue (the people from whom we bought the machine) fits perfectly, and makes the job just that much easier.  (And it's pretty, too.)

When I walked over to the quilt to sew the label onto it, I discovered that the sunlight shining in the window was illuminating the hexagon-shaped Swarovski crystals.  Since I had a hard time catching the glint of light in them when I took previous pictures, I grabbed my camera and shot a few close-ups.  Even these, though they are better, just don't do justice to these beautiful crystals.

Now I've repaired two of my sweaters, put a new zipper in one of Larry's jackets, and turned one of his long-sleeved white Sunday shirts into a short-sleeved white Sunday shirt.  I am ready to start a new quilt.  😊















2 comments: