Friday, June 30, 2023

Little Darlings Quilt, Loaded on Frame

 Today I sewed the rows of the Little Darlings quilt together, then attached a border.  What would I use for backing?  I have few large pieces of fabric in my small stash.  I looked at Hobby Lobby's website to see what time they closed... started to head out of my quilting studio -- then walked across the landing into my little office where I have my fabric totes.  Halfway through the stack of bins, I hit pay dirt on the third one I opened:  there was a large piece of blue and gold flower print.  

This is from the Countryside Collection by Maywood Studio, and it's left over from the Atlantic Beach Path quilt.  Perfect!  I could back little Eva's quilt with leftover fabric from her Daddy and Mama's quilt!   Some of the blues on the top are from The Quilt Crossing in Boise, Idaho, purchased with a gift card I received when the Atlantic Beach Path won Best of Show at the Boise Basin Quilt Show last year. 

But... would there be enough?  I unfolded it and measured.

There would!  I would need to piece it, but there would be enough.

Next, I pieced together some high-loft poly batting, then loaded everything on the frame.  I'm ready to start quilting!




No comments:

Post a Comment