Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Swarovski Crystals and Square Glass Beads

My little hexagon-shaped Swarovski crystals came today! They're sooo pretty. I only bought 40; they're a bit pricey. But I might need more. When I take the quilt off the frame, I'll lay them on the hexagons on which I intend to sew them, and see if I should order a few more sets (they come in sets of 8). You really can't imagine how lovely these crystals are, from looking at this picture. I have tried other cuts of glass, but I've never found anything that can hold a candle to Swarovski crystal. I plan to sew them in a trumpet-shaped curve at the top right above the panel. The square glass beads will go on the wider flange, which I will ruche just a bit. Small pearls will go on the pleated border.






2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I've always thought the crystals were hot-fixed to quilts...nice to see that they are also sewn on! I can't wait to see what you do with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased to find these. I've used the hotfix crystals, too -- but I got a cheaper version than Swarovski. Won't do that again; Swarovski is worth the price. They just *glow*. Cheaper cut glass looks like plastic, by comparison.

      Delete