Thursday, March 19, 2020

Bottom Border, Atlantic Beach Path

I'm working on the very last border of the Atlantic Beach Path quilt! But I have to quit, I've been quilting for 8 ½ hours, and my back is protesting.  Just a little bit more, just a little bit more!

The first couple of pictures show how I pinned the tucks to one side and quilted between each of them , stitching atop the previous stitching line.

Next, there are the QSDs (Quilting Studio Denizens), and that's the rag rug I made a couple of years ago, using 2" x 3" rectangles of double-knit.

And finally, there's the bottom border.  I have half of the blue flowers outlined, and still need to do the little yellow flowers, the leaves, and the piano-key quilting in the white outer area.  I should be able to finish the quilting tomorrow.  

And then... and then...  I shall get out my brand-spankin'-new-to-me Bernina Artista 730 and put the binding on and make a machine-embroidered label!  Then pearls and square glass earth-toned beads and hexagon-shaped Swarovski crystals... and the quilt will be done, in just a few more days.  Wheeeeeee!











No comments:

Post a Comment