Tuesday, August 8, 2023

What in the world is this soft, soft, lovely white batting -- that, ever time I roll the quilt forward, clings to the fabric and tries to shred itself?! Arrrgggghhhh! Now I remember having the same problem when I used it before, some time ago, and thinking, I will never use this stuff again, soft and nice as it is. But of course I couldn't bring myself to just toss the leftovers out (soft, soft!), and I didn't mark it, because I thought I couldn't possibly forget. Have you ever had this happen with batting? It's lovely and nice, but it clings and shreds dreadfully -- and you probably won't know it, until you try rolling it onto a frame.

Ah, well.  I'm using it. And this will use it all up. Not all of the batting for this quilt is the same kind, though it's the same thickness and the same color. (I like to break rules! -- such as, "Never combine different battings!")



No comments:

Post a Comment