Thursday, August 10, 2023

Quilting Puppies & Kittens in the Flowers

Almost to the halfway point. A little past 8:30 p.m., I looked out the window, saw the sunset, and dashed for my camera. It was changing fast.

First letter of Keira's name, which will be spelled out down the right side of the quilt.


Keira herself gave me this light green fabric for my birthday a couple of years ago.


3D flowers pinned shut during quilting.

The puppies and kittens blocks and strips were all one piece of fabric that I found in my late sister-in-law's bin of fabrics that she gave me at Christmas time 2014, a few months before she passed away. She'd hemmed the sides of the piece to make a 'fake sham' for laying atop pillows. When I took the hem out, it left a faded crease. An asparagus-colored Crayola covered the lighter green fabric, and a forest green Crayola covered the darker green.

I'll dampen this crease and repress; that should make it less noticeable.




This bendable ruler is great for marking the spines of feather plumes where I don't want a spine heavy with thread. It has inches on one side, centimeters on the other.


Uh, oh.  I echoed.



No comments:

Post a Comment