Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Embroidering Oliver's Name

 Thursday, I am taking grandchildren's quilts, pillows, and a fabric book to the Nebraska State Fair.  So today, as the rules request, I basted a piece of fabric over all the labels on the backs of the quilts, so the judges won't know whose quilts they are looking at until judging is over.  Don't want those judges to cheat, now do we?!  😏

Then I looked for my little nametags to sew onto the pillows and the fabric book.  I looked high and low... and then I looked low and high.  For a while, I couldn't find them; but in the hunt, I did find my long lost set of extra bands for my VeryFitPro watch.  Couldn’t imagine where those things had gotten to, for the last year and a half.  It’s a wonder I haven’t worn out the watch in the meantime.

I found the pearls I’ll use on Keira’s quilt, too – and a plastic case crammed full of tied fat quarters (maybe even half-yards) of pretty wovens.  Totally forgot I had those.  There just might be enough for an entire quilt.

Eventually, I found the nametags right where I'd put them -- in the round navy zippered case Teddy and Amy gave me, with scissors & buttons embroidered on the lid, the one I keep sewing machine needles in.  (Once, some time after I decided to store the needles in that case, I couldn’t find them, either.  🙄)  

Next, I embroidered Oliver’s name on his fabric book.  Every time I pull out my embroidery floss (I got this particular case full of thread for only about $5 on the 'Sew It's For Sale' group online), I look at all the pretty colors and remember that I really do like to embroider.  I haven't done it for so long, it's a wonder I remembered how!  After I finish the grandchildren’s quilts and make my own bird quilt using the fabric Larry got me way back when, I’ll finish that embroidered butterfly quilt that I carry with me in a nifty briefcase on vacations, on the off-chance I might have time to work on it.  (I rarely do.)

Once everything was properly prepared for the Fair, I put them into boxes and hauled them out to the Mercedes.  Don't let me forget my folding canvas wagon!


I like to pack everything nice and neat.  
Ahem.









No comments:

Post a Comment