Thursday, May 4, 2023

Quilting Done, Biblical Blocks

 The quilting is done on the Biblical Blocks quilt.  Now for the binding.

Block No. 3 is 'Jacob's Ladder'; Nos. 1 and 4 is 'Heavenly Stars'.  There are two 'Jacob's Ladder' blocks.  This was one of the four extras, and the lady evidently made a new one because this one wound up at only 8 1/2" instead of 9 1/2" (unfinished size).  I added a skinny border (which had to be a bit crooked, in order to make the block the correct size.  The Heavenly Stars block, on the other hand, was 10" and had to be trimmed.  It lost a few points in the ordeal; but I think it's pretty, even so.

I didn't want to waste those four extra blocks the lady made, so I put them in the corners of the quilt.  I had to add the red border in order to make the blocks fit.

The last picture shows that I had more than enough green thread for this quilt!  😬😄









No comments:

Post a Comment