Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Pink, Black, & White Quilt, Finished

The pink, black, and white quilt is done. My daughter-in-law Amy found the quilt top at a secondhand store. The top was finished, but, inexplicably, turned under ⅜", and topstitched. It took a while to remove that stitching, as it seemed to be done at about 20 spi. The quilt measures 67" x 78". The batting is Quilters' Dream wool. There is white 50-wt. So Fine thread on top. Since it can hardly be seen on that busy top, and the pantograph I chose, "A Little Bit This" (that doesn't make sense, but don't blame me, I didn't name it) is a pretty one and I hated for it to go to waste, I decided to use black 60-wt. Bottom Line thread in the bobbin. It shows up nicely on that fuchsia backing. There is a pieced block that was evidently meant to be used for a decorative pillow; I still need to quilt it and find a pillow to put it on. There is also a matching pieced bag to carry the quilt. I plan to put straps on it.






No comments:

Post a Comment