Saturday, June 12, 2021

Quilting JoeAnn's 'Outer Space' Quilt

 I've started quilting my customer's 'Outer Space' quilt.  I'm using a pantograph called 'UFO' (last photo).  There's a medium teal (Stone Blue) 100% cotton 40-weight thread on top, and a charcoal Bottom Line 60-weight thread in the bobbin.

When I walked outside to refresh the birdbaths, I found the old-fashioned pink roses still blooming, and the Double Knockout roses beginning to bloom.  The Asiatic lily buds are turning pink; they'll be blooming soon.  The milkweed buds are beginning to hang down in their customary fashion before opening and turning lavender.  I keep a couple of stands of milkweed, because it's the only host plant for the Monarch butterfly.  Plus, the tiny flowers are pretty and fragrant, and the seed pods, which are produced in late summer, are unique and interesting.












No comments:

Post a Comment