Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Quilting Carol's 'Missy' Quilt -- and the Local Wildlife

I was quilting away a little before 11:00 tonight when it occurred to me that I hadn’t turned off the water. I walked outside, went around the corner of the house – and found a pudgy little raccoon sitting on the ground under the bird feeders, which are one story up on the deck. He – no, actually, I think it’s a ‘she’ – was scarfing down sunflower seeds (and shells, too, by the looks of things) as fast as she could gather them up in her little paws and stuff them in her mouth. She looked a lot like a toddler eating birthday cake sans utensils. 😂

I left the water on, the better to cover any noise I might make, and scurried back into the house for my camera. When I re-exited the house, I found a tree frog on the front door, with a little moth beside him living dangerously. I stopped to catch his portrait, then hurried around the house to snap a few pictures of the raccoon.

So here are the tree frog, the raccoon, and the quilt, not necessarily in that order.










1 comment: