Saturday, June 5, 2021

Linda's 'Play Day' Quilt, Finished

Last night I finished my customer's 'Play Day' quilt.   It measures 77" x 91".   I used silver So Fine 50-weight on top -- it's the same color as the silver print on the white fabric -- and charcoal Bottom Line 60-weight in the bobbin. The pantograph is called 'Alfresco'.

Note the picture of the empty quilt box.  Well, sorta empty.  I've requested of my customer that if her quilt gets to her with Teensy cat stowed away inside it, she will send him back.  😂

Last evening, I went outside to reposition the water sprinkler, and brought back in an old-fashioned rosebud from a bush that came from my mother’s rosebush, which in turn came from her mother’s rosebush in North Dakota. The old-fashioned roses – even the unopened buds – have so much more fragrance than the hybrid roses.

This morning when I went into my quilting studio, I found the bud fully opened.

When I spread the quilt out on the deck to take pictures, Tiger showed up, as usual.  I put up a hand like a traffic cop and told him, "Stay off!"  He did -- but you can see by his ears' back-quirk (should be a word, and would be a word, had Noah Webster's cat ever had reason to back-quirk him) and the tail straight out behind him (as opposed to its usual lofty attitude straight up into the air) that he is not pleased with being disallowed on the quilt.















No comments:

Post a Comment