Wednesday, August 8, 2018

More Quilting on Customer's Memory Quilt

Just a couple of rows left on my customer's Memory Quilt.  The Circle of Geese blocks feature fabric from the clothes of a little girl who passed away last year.  The backing was part of the child's comforter.  The corners, displaying elephants, were cut from a nursing blanket the mother used when the family lived in Kenya and the little girl was a baby.  They are particularly fond of yellow and of daisies. 

Thus the Omni thread, by Superior, in a shade of yellow called 'Butter'.  The pantograph is called G'Daisy.  The quilt measures 73" x 88".  I hope to finish it tomorrow.

My customer asked that I take pictures of my quilting machine, an 18" HandiQuilter Avanté, so she could show the family for whom she is making the quilt.  This is the machine Larry surprised me with for Christmas, to replace my HQ16.  The frame is 12' long.









No comments:

Post a Comment