Friday, August 10, 2018

Memory Quilt #2

Today I quilted my customer's second Memory Quilt.  This quilt is for the older sister of the little girl who passed away last year.  My customer, Joyce, writes this about the various fabrics in the quilt:

"All the blankets were either baby blankets or clothing or a bathrobe.  The backing is a very soft fleece the girls shared and loved.  The parents wanted something special for her older sister that would have special meaning.  Embroidered corners on blankets were salvaged.  Even the pocket on the bathrobe was kept, for a character was climbing out of the pocket.  One thing I tried to use was some swans that were on a baby quilt.  Initially, I thought I could; but upon closer inspection, they were too frayed.  Since the swans meant so much to them, I reconstructed a pair of swans.  As with many things in life, it is our sentimental connection that takes them to a higher plain than just being an old blanket or hoodie or whatever."

The quilt measures 49" x 61".  Tomorrow I will take pictures of the whole quilt in natural light.




























No comments:

Post a Comment