Saturday, January 18, 2014

Vertical Seams on the Mosaic Lighthouse Quilt


Though I'd planned to wait until I had all 19,200 of the little one-inch squares ironed down before starting to sew the vertical and horizontal seams, I changed my mind shortly after starting on a second column, and then noticing that some of the little squares in the first column were coming loose.  So I tacked them down with a glue stick, cut the 160" x 44" column into sections, and started sewing vertical seams.

I now have 113.5 hours in this quilt, and 56 different fabrics.  7,914 one-inch squares have been put in place.

Here's what it looks like; this is the lower part of the cliff:
 








And here is the cross-stitch diagram, with the yellow area showing the part I have completed:

No comments:

Post a Comment