Monday, January 20, 2014

Cross-Stitched Blocks


Guess what I just got?! My sister-in-law, Janice, has been sorting through her fabric and crafting items. For Christmas, she gave me a large tote crammed so full with fabric, the lid keeps popping loose.

Well, tonight she sent, via my brother, several more pieces of fabric – AND . . . . 23 large (17.5”) blocks, all of which she had cross-stitched several years ago!

I have intended to someday make an embroidered quilt – and now suddenly I have the hard part all done already.  Someday when I’m ready to put it together, I will choose the loveliest piece of fabric I can find for sashing and borders – a very, very soft floral that will match the embroidery floss.  I've put together an on-point quilt setting in EQ7 for these blocks.  It will be 90" x 111" before borders.


This one, I shall keep!



No comments:

Post a Comment