Friday, February 15, 2013

Quilting Graceful Garden Quilt, First Row



Let the quilting begin!

I have new Railz (grooved track and wheel system), new HQ microhandles, and new Red Snappers (clamps that hold quilt to leader, eliminating the need for pins).  The HandiQuilter 16 is cleaned and oiled, and threaded with the new thread -- Superior's King Tut 40-wt. variegated Sands of Time color, with 60-wt. cream-colored Bottom Line in the bobbin.  Tension and timing look perfect.

Now, if I could just quilt perfectly, everything would be fine and dandy.  Some ladies are absolute artists with FM (Free Motion).  I instead do FYM (Free Yikes Motion) (very suitable phrase learned from a lady on an online quilting group).  Free Motion is like drawing, and I never could draw worth a hoot.  I was the little girl in art class about whose drawings everyone wondered, Hmmmm, is that a giraffe, or a pig? 


Soooo... I follow pantographs with my laser light or use rulers.  Here's the first row and a half.




















No comments:

Post a Comment