Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Working on Americana Eagle Quilt & Cord Covers

Today I worked on the Americana Eagle quilt.
Did you know it takes a long time to trim 174 two-and-a-half-inch pinwheel blocks?

If I glued all those trimmings together, I'd have enough to make several more blocks.  😁

I rummaged through my fabric bins (I have five 28-quart bins of quilting cottons) and found this piece for the backing.

I pulled out a variety of creams, ivories, tans, beiges, ecrus, and off-whites for the background pieces, and cut 300 two-and-a-half-inch squares.

When Larry got home from work tonight, he worked a bit in my quilting studio, putting up the cord covers and installing a light switch for the two LED lights over my quilting table.

Much handier, to be able to flip a switch than to stand on tiptoes and strrrretch to reach the chains on the lights.  The light in the front dormer is connected to a surge protector.  It and a variety of other appliances can be turned off by the switch on the surge protector.  I wanted these two lights to work separately.

Larry needs to get one more cord cover to finish the job.


No comments:

Post a Comment