Sunday, February 25, 2018

Baskets of Lilies Quilt & Label, All Done

Last night I finished the Baskets of Lilies quilt, label and all.  This quilt was designed in EQ8, and measures 115" x 115".  I used #50 So Fine thread by Superior on top, and #60 Bottom Line thread by Superior in the bobbin.

The appliquéd petals are cut from the same fabric that comprised the curtains and ruffled table scarf in daughters Hannah and Dorcas's room when they were young.  The fabric has a very large flower print, and I had barely enough for all the petals (one is pieced, and one is actually from a totally different fabric), so some of them wound up on only the cream-colored background, with no flowers showing.  So I pulled out my Letraset ProMarkers (dye pens) and painted a few of them.  Can you tell which petals are painted?

The pantograph is called 'Rapture', and was designed by Anne Bright.















2 comments: