Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Americana Pinwheels

I was sort of stymied yesterday, as my yo-yo maker didn't arrive on account of the weather (silly FedEx truck couldn't make it through 2" of snow?!), and the customer quilts haven't arrived yet.  I didn't want to get out all the fabric to start the Sunbonnet Sue quilt, because Larry was going to work on my Avanté, and bins and fabric would be in his way.

Sooo... I pulled out some pencil boxes in which I had leftover HSTs (half-square triangles) from another quilt, and began sewing them together.  Whatever design this winds up as, I think we'll call it 'Americana Pinwheels'.  There are even a bunch of folded triangles for a Prairie Point edge.

But now my yo-yo maker has arrived! -- and customer quilts will be here in two days.  So this whatever-it's-going-to-be quilt will have to wait.  Today, I'm making yo-yos!






No comments:

Post a Comment