Saturday, March 17, 2012

Log Cabin Blocks for Outer Border



I've just completed 41 Log Cabin blocks for the outer border (one block will cover a decorative pillow).  I like this look better than all those triangles (in the EQ7 design, below); I'm always partial to the Log Cabin design.  Now to piece them together.  They'd make a fine quilt, on their own, I think. 


Some of those plaids were warped beyond repair.  I tried and tried and tried to cut and sew them straight!  This is the best I could do.  I still have to do the blocks for the corners.






Before I started cutting the strips for these blocks, I photographed my fabric and then looked at them in black and white, so as to determine which was light and which was dark.  Funny, how colors can fool the eye!  This way, I can better decide which fabrics to use where, in order to get the somewhat three-dimensional look characteristic of the Log Cabin block.





No comments:

Post a Comment