Friday, April 21, 2023

Joseph's Army Quilt Completed

 Joseph's Army quilt is all done except for the label.  I even managed to get pictures of it out on the deck, in spite of the 25-mph wind gusts.  His 38th birthday is Monday, April 24th.

The quilt measures 53" x 70", and was designed in EQ8.  I got the panel, the Army fabric, the dark blue, and the dark red fabrics from Missouri Star Quilt Company.  The dark green, lighter blue, and the yellows were from my stash.  I used high-loft polyester batting.  There are six different colors of thread on top, mostly Omni 40-wt.  A couple are Signature 40-wt.  There is medium gray Bottom Line 60-wt. in the bobbin.

Photos 4, 7, & 8 show the pieced backing.  Photos 9 & 10 are the binding, pictured from the back.  The stitching is done in the ditch on the front, so it only shows on the back.  I put my binding on entirely by machine.












No comments:

Post a Comment