Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Frankenbatting

Is it worth my while to make Frankenbatting? 😄 (That’s batting scraps sewn together to make one piece of batting big enough for a quilt.)

I just finished putting together a queen-sized piece in Soft & Bright, 100% cotton, and a full-sized poly high-loft, maybe Fairfield. The first is worth about $27; the second, about $35. (Well, you can pay $50 for the Soft & Bright if you want to, out of the goodness of your heart, you know, at Joann’s.) (Tomorrow it could very likely be on sale cheaper than the $27 I saw at Sewing Parts Online.) I was wondering if this endeavor was worth my while, or if it would be better to quit worrying about it, and toss the pile of batting scraps in the rubbish bin.

It took me 3 hours to sew all the pieces together (and it barely made a dent in my batting scraps). I saved about $62 (unless I had’ve felt like increasing Joann’s holdings, in which case I saved $85; but let’s go on the premise that I am a skinflint, and would’ve gotten it as cheaply as possible). This calculates to about $20.66/hour. I’ve made less, in my lifetime. 😏

Okay, I guess it’s worth my while. 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment