Friday, September 10, 2021

Joyce's 'The Owl & The Pussycat Tumblers' Quilt

The Owl & The Pussycat Tumbler quilt is all done.  My friend has been enjoying her new Tumblers die for her electric AccuQuilt Go! cutter!  😊  The Tumblers quilts I've been quilting for her will be Christmas gifts for her great-grandchildren.

For this quilt, I used 40-weight charcoal Omni thread on top, and 60-weight medium gray Bottom Line thread in the bobbin.  The batting is Quilters' Dream poly in black.  The pantograph is 'African Heat Wave'.  This seemingly simple pantograph was a whole lot harder than it looks!  It needed to be very precise, and I just couldn't be exactly perfect.  My 18" Handi Quilter Avanté is hand-guided; it is not computer-driven.  I did my best, though, and I think it's all right.

Tiger kitty always has to come see what I'm doing.  Don't worry, I put up a hand like a traffic cop and say, "Stay off!" -- and he does.  He never set foot on the quilt.  Even though he came to us late in life as a big ol' stray, he's learned lots of words and directives, and knows to do what I say -- even while he also knows we'll never, ever hurt him.  Someone in the neighborhood kicked him shortly after he showed up, and right before he claimed us; one day he was limping badly, and was suddenly scared to death of men and boots -- even boots without feet in them.

 He soon learned that Larry was so kind as to be a milquetoast, and if Larry is eating a piece of cheese and Tiger says, "MrrrRRROOOWWWwww!" -- he's a-going to get a handout, yes he is.  He didn't even know how to take food from our hands, didn't understand a thing about scraps.  He does now, that's for sure!  How a stray ever got to be obese is beyond me.  Maybe the previous owners dumped him, because he got so fat?  Who knows.  I give him a bit of Fancy Feast canned food each day (started doing that when I had to give Teensy his medicine for hyperthyroidism in the food, and didn't want Tiger to think I liked Teensy better), and keep his bowl of dry food full with diet food for senior kitties, and he's lost quite a bit of weight, and is probably about right for this kind of a kitty.

And now off I go to mail the Tumblers quilts back to my friend in Phoenix.

 

Back





2 comments: