Friday, July 30, 2021

The Last of the Silhouettes

 This will be the last of the silhouettes I cut, for now.  I've decided not to use them on the Colorwash quilt; they're too small for the quilt, and the proportion isn't right.  I'll save them for one of the grandsons' quilts.

I've ordered more fabric cutting mats, because it didn't work well at ALL to reapply spray-on adhesive.  It was only sticky until it dried -- and then it was... uh, dry.  The only way I got the last few shapes cut was to give the fabric itself a quick, light spray, and then I had to remove it from the cutting mat fast, before it stuck so tightly that small appendages were ripped off, and edges all frayed out.

One of these days I'll try another type of fusible, too, just to see if some kind other than Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 might work better.  I think this fusible would've been just fine, had my cutting mat been sticky enough.

Anyway, I'm pleased to have learned how to import shapes into the Sizzix eclips2, and to see that it will cut any intricate shape I give it.  Buying those shapes ready-made is higher'n a kit! -- around $15.00 per piece, depending on size.  These cutouts will look cute on a little boys' quilt one of these days.



No comments:

Post a Comment