Saturday, June 13, 2020

Center of Old-Fashioned Sewing-Machine Quilt

I am making an Old-Fashioned Sewing-Machine quilt.  The blocks are from a panel; I cut them apart, repositioned them, and added sashing.  The sashing consists of three half-inch strips (finished size) sewn together, with cornerstones added.  This central section measures 27" x 40".  Now to make some scrappy 3D Flying Geese for the next border.  I plan to hang it from an oak clamping quilt bar my brother Loren gave me five years ago, also pictured.

This panel was purchased when we were in Texas in February and stopped at a little roadside quilting shop, Quilts, Etc., in Sour Lake, Texas. It was in a clearance bin. Larry spotted it and thought I really, really needed it. 😊

I hardly ever want to stop at quilt shops when we’re traveling, first because we have ♫ ♪ Places to Go ♫ ♪ and a Short Time to Get There ♫ ♪, and second because Larry finds too many things to buy! haha  I rarely purchase fabric unless I have a specific need for it in an imminent project.










3 comments:

  1. your Larry has sharp eyes for a good bargain.
    he knows how clever you are with a design as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🥰 And I'm thanking him as I sew, because I like this little panel quilt!

      Delete
  2. Love the antique sewing machines!! Well done, Larry! You are smart to not have a huge stash of fabric. I started out like you, but when quilting cotton is less than $2.50 a yard, it is hard to pass up, so I'm now a SABLE.

    ReplyDelete