Sunday, June 2, 2019

New York Beauty Quilt, Finished

Yesterday, I finished the New York Beauty quilt!  

Since Larry has been working on the back deck, power-washing it and getting it ready to stain, and that's where I usually take pictures of my quilts, we drove out to Loren and Norma's to use their deck for the photo shoot.

Problem:  In between the time we left our house and arrived at their house ten minutes later, the wind had come up -- and it kept a-blowing until we quit taking pictures, folded up the quilt, and stowed it back inside the Jeep.

Being disappointed with the rumpled-quilt pictures, this afternoon Larry moved his paraphernalia and the deck furniture, and I retook the photos on our deck.  The wind cooperated this time.

The quilt measures 117" x 117".  It is comprised of 32 different white-on-cream fabrics and 25 different white-on-white fabrics.  I used extra-loft poly batting.  The top thread is #40 Signature, and the bobbin thread is #60 Bottom Line.  There are about 6,660 pearls sewn onto the Venice lace.  I have 593.5 hours in the quilt -- and I still need to sew a hanging sleeve onto it, make a label, and finish the two king-sized pillow shams.  I designed the quilt in EQ8.



 





Okay... let's try that again!









2 comments: