Friday, March 29, 2019

Quilting the New York Beauty

Today I rolled the New York Beauty quilt forward to work on what I thought was the sixth row.  I'm counting the wide top and bottom borders as rows; so there are a total of eight rows.  I looked at the amount of batting hanging down from the front bar and thought, I don't believe there's enough batting.

The blocks are 15.5", and the bottom three borders together measure 12".  So I needed 27.5" more inches of batting after that sixth row.  

I grabbed a tape measure.  

Just as I thought.  It was a good 5.5" short.

Then I stopped and stared at that 'sixth' row.  I considered.  I stared some more.  I pondered.  I stared with all my might and main.

I whirled around and looked at my EQ8 diagram:  I was on row seven!  When this row is done, there are only the bottom borders to go!  Wheeeeeee!!!!!




My quilting studio in the afternoon sunlight



The short batting that I thought wasn't going to be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment