Thursday, November 22, 2018

Cutting, Cutting, Cutting for New York Beauty Variation

I finished cutting all the pieces for the center of the New York Beauty Variation quilt!  I'll cut the borders when I finish sewing the main part together.  There are 684 patches in the central section of the quilt, not a whole lot, in comparison with some other quilts I've made.  But because they were irregular, it took a while to cut them all out -- 14.5 hours, to be exact.  I put together three of the curved-block arches and quit for the night.  Last picture is what I plan to use for the backing.






2 comments:

  1. The computer keeps refusing to send the email to you, so will ask here. I would like to make the bowls. But I may have purchased the wrong batting. Where and what # is on the batting PLEASE and thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've ordered Bosal's Heat Moldable batting. https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/bosal-heat-moldable-batting-18in-x-45in.aspx It's back-ordered... you might want to search around for it somewhere else, and give them a call before placing the order. On many websites, it's 'Out of Stock'. There is also Craft Product's Heat and Shape; the pattern designers have used both kinds. I'll email you with more information.

      Delete