Sunday, September 2, 2018

Last Row of Sunbonnet Sues

This is the last row of Sunbonnet Sues. Only the bottom border to go! There are now 63 hours of quilting in this quilt.

Lillie Winings was my great-aunt, married to my Grandpa Winings' brother Frank. Avis Lorine Roney was a classmate and friend of my mother's. Helen Jean Harmon was a friend of the family -- my cousin Helen Jean was named after her. My cousin Helen Jean told me this: "My mom told me I was named after a girl named Helen, wheelchair-bound, but very sweet and cheerful." Frances Wilson was my mother's high-school friend. 

And Teensy is asking me what on earth I'm doing standing on a chair. 😄 A couple of seconds after I took his picture, he hopped up on the chair, too, and proceeded to wrap himself around my ankles.
























2 comments: