Sunday, September 9, 2018

1936 Sunbonnet Sue Quilt, Finished

Finally, a sunny day, so I could lay the 1936 Sunbonnet Sue quilt on the back deck and get some photos.  The quilt measures 87" x 87".  I used #40 Omni thread on top, #60 Bottom Line in the bobbin, both in pale yellow.  The batting is Poly Dream.  There are 68.5 hours in the quilting alone.  I forgot to keep track of the hours in the piecing.

The main label is done.  There are 18 more small labels to make, one for each of the Sue blocks.  You can read about these vintage blocks here:

A couple of days ago when I was putting binding on the quilt, I left it on my sewing table to cut the hanging sleeve, turned around -- and found Teensy cuddled up in it, sound asleep.

As I was taking pictures this afternoon, I noticed that the Double Rose of Sharon Hibiscus was still blooming profusely, so I trotted down the steps and got a few shots of hibiscus blossoms, too.








































2 comments:

  1. Sarah Lynn, The quilting on this quilt is just wonderful as is the quilting on all of your tops. I am sure you must be thrilled to have it done and soon to have all of it's labels.

    ReplyDelete