Sunday, July 22, 2018

13 Irish Chain Blocks for SBS Quilt

Twelve more Irish Chain blocks are done, making a total of thirteen, for the Sunbonnet Sue quilt.  Five left to go... but it takes about 20 minutes for each block, and it's bedtime now.

I laid the blocks on the twin bed in the little library upstairs to take pictures of them, and, as you can see, the Americana Eagle quilt that's under them is doing competition.  😏  These blocks would make a fine quilt all by themselves, wouldn't they?

If you're wondering about my choice of background fabric for these blocks, I chose a mottled cream color that was as close as I could get to the color of the background of the Sunbonnet Sue blocks.  Some are stained.  I washed them, and a few, but not all, of the stains came out.  So... the mottled cream will hopefully make it all blend together, and cause those stains to be less noticeable.

Again, after the Irish Chain blocks, I am posting the design from EQ8, so you can see what the quilt will look like.  The Sunbonnet Sue blocks can be seen here:







No comments:

Post a Comment