Thursday, March 29, 2018

Elk Panel Quilt Top

The borders are all on the elk panel quilt, and it's ready to load on the quilt frame.  The panel itself is printed with a curve on the left!  Let's see if I can correct it with the quilting.



P.S.:  As for the panel being wonky... I'll take some of the border seams a smidgen deeper on that side; that'll help.  Also, the picture looks worse than it really is, as I was standing on the right, and couldn't hold my camera far enough toward the middle.  I'm going to add batting to this quilt, though I hadn't intended to initially.  That'll take up some of the excess, and if I roll it onto my frame straight, I shouldn't have a problem.  I once quilted a customer's French Braid quilt that had a braid that was **six inches!!** wider on one side than on the other, and all the other braids were misshapen, too -- and it turned out a whole lot better than I could've imagined.  This should be a piece of cake, in comparison to *that* one!  🤪



1 comment:

  1. you do like a challenge, don't you? And you conquer them well.

    ReplyDelete