Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Center Background for the Americana Eagle Quilt

The central background for the Americana Eagle quilt is done, and I'm ready to label the pieces on the eagle print and start drawing them on freezer paper, in preparation to appliquéing them.

When I laid the quilt down, Tiger thought sure I was making him a nice bed, and was quite certain he needed to get in the middle of it.  I told him to stay back, holding up a hand like a traffic cop -- so, after a couple of admonitions, he stayed back.  But you can see from his poor sad face that he's downright woebegone about it.  When I finally picked the center and the borders back up and told him he could walk through, he purred loudly and rubbed and rubbed around my ankles.

There will be a plain border between the center and the pieced borders, and several more exterior borders, too.







1 comment:

  1. I see that you are making the background like a collage-type of pattern. I like that.

    ReplyDelete