Thursday, November 10, 2011

Eureka HSTs, pt. 19

For the last couple of days, I've been playing around with a gazillion HSTs – half-square triangles, that is.  Somewhere in the vicinity of 3,000 of them.  I sewed them together and now I have about 1,500 little squares, most of which are 1” x 1”.  A couple dozen are 2 ½” x 2 ½”.  It takes a long time to press 1,500 little squares!  I finally lowered my ironing board and pulled a chair up to it.

After that, I laid a few out on my table, and have one block ready to sew together.  But I decided it was time to quit – lunches needed to be made, clothes needed to be put into the dryer, and the recliner needed to be sat in and the heating pad leaned on.

So now lunches, clothes, recliner, and heating pad are all happy. 

(And so is Kitty, who is perched on my lap.)

I think I have enough little pieces to make about two dozen pillows, instead of just six.  Maybe three dozen.  Menfolk don't usually appreciate having to move a couple of fancy pillows from the bed before they can climb in.  What would they think of two dozen?! 

Naaa, I won't make two dozen pillows.  I figure this is a head start on the quilted pocketbooks and mug rugs I plan to make for Christmas 2012.  And I have lots of friends whose favorite color is lavender or purple, so everything's just ducky.  (Unless they get their wallets mixed up and inadvertently swapped around.)  (I'd better make them different.)


Now Kitty’s having a bath on my lap.  She’s the cuddliest thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment