Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Sewing Hanging Gardens Quilt

 Today I got the majority of the Hanging Gardens blocks done.  I finished two, just to see what they look like; the rest still need the outer two strips sewn on.  There are 25 of the blocks with the dark plum-colored outer strips, and 16 of the blocks with dark blue floral outer strips.

Reckon I can get this quilt done in time to enter it in our County Fair? Entry date is July 8th. I kinda sorta doubt it... especially if I decide to custom quilt it, rather than use a pantograph.

Meanwhile, here's the view from my north-facing window.  Somewhere behind those clouds, about 20 miles to our north, there were severe thunderstorms and a few tornadoes.  In the middle of all the watches and warnings, the setting sun appeared below the thunderheads and, simultaneously, the rain began.

The last picture is the hibiscus son-in-law and daughter Todd and Dorcas and their children, Trevor and Brooklyn, gave me for Mother's Day.

Now it is nearly midnight, and the lightning is flashing and the thunder is rumbling.  A thunderstorm to the west is moving in our direction.








2 comments:

  1. Your landscapes look like English paintings - John Constable. Lovely
    Yours Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana! I do have pretty views from my windows. :-)

      Delete