Saturday, January 27, 2024

Pooh's 'Days of Hunny' Quilt Done

 Our new baby grandson Arnold's quilt, Pooh's 'Days of Hunny', is all done.

I found this piece in a bin of fabric my late sister-in-law gave me in 2013, a few months before she passed away.  It's called Pooh's 'Days of Hunny', for Disney by Springs Industries.  I quilted around the animals and the squares to make it looked pieced and appliquéd, but it isn't; it's a solid piece of fabric.  

In the same bin, I found the white with green stripes that I used for the backing, and the solid blue that makes half of the Prairie Point edge.  The striped fabric I used for the other half of the Prairie Points is from a work shirt of Larry's that he tore beyond repair on the first day he wore it; so, since it wasn't stained, I cut the seams out and put it with my fabric.

It seemed like the perfect time to use a fabric that was once a shirt of Larry's, since Baby Arnold was given Larry's middle name! 

The quilt measures 44" x 45".  The batting is Hobbs Heirloom 80/20.  I used Signature Blue Ice 40-wt. cotton thread on top, and Bottom Line White Lace 60-wt poly thread in the bobbin.










No comments:

Post a Comment