Sunday, November 5, 2023

Cross-Stitched Teddies Quilt, Finished

 I finished the Cross-Stitched Teddies quilt for granddaughter Malinda, who's 6 ½, last night.

The quilt measures 76" x 76".  My daughter-in-law Amy found the cross-stitched teddies, all on one piece of fabric, at a secondhand store.  I cut them apart and added the Irish Chain variation and Ohio Star blocks.  The blocks measure 10".

I used white 40-wt. Omni thread on top, and white 60-wt. Bottom Line thread in the bobbin.  The batting is a conglomeration of multitudes of polyester batting scraps I had.  I found the backing, something thin and soft that probably has a bit of poly in it, in a bin of fabric my late sister-in-law gave me a few months before she passed away.

The quilting was done with my 18" Handi Quilter Avanté, which is hand-guided.  There's a little bit of free-motion and a whole lot of rulerwork in the quilting.

The closeups of the binding is especially for the woman who, upon learning that I was preparing to put binding onto another quilt entirely by machine, which is how I do it almost always, exclaimed, "OH, NOOO!  You're going to RUIN it!"  So... does it look ruined??  😆

The last few pictures show the 'twubbles and twials' (as son Caleb used to say, when he was about 3 years old) Larry and I were having as we tried to get pictures of the quilt on the back deck in a gusty Nebraska breeze.  😅



















No comments:

Post a Comment