Friday, August 6, 2021

Tumbler Quilt #2

This afternoon I started my customer's second Tumblers quilt.  When I got this quilt all loaded and ready to be basted at the edge, I discovered there was a bit of excess fullness in the gray borders on either side of the animal border. Mind you, it looks a little worse than it really was, because of the low angle of the camera and the only lighting being at the far end of the frame. 

So... my handy starch bottle to the rescue! I gave it a good spritz, waited a minute or two, then smoothed it gently with the iron. Afterwards, I was able to baste it with no tucks or wrinkles. And with that, I got on with the quilting.

As with the previous quilt, I'm using 50-weight white So Fine thread on top, and 60-weight white Bottom Line thread in the bobbin.  The pantograph is called G'Daisy.

Looks pretty good now. The few remaining ripples that can be seen are unnoticeable in regular lighting.  I finished two rows and quit for the night.










No comments:

Post a Comment