Thursday, October 8, 2020

Almost Done with 'In Love With Africa'

 I'm almost done quilting my customer's 'In Love With Africa' quilt.  Just one more half-row to go.  See the Red Snappers at the bottom edge of the quilt?  

I'm waiting for my customer to tell me what to do, because the quilt top is shorter than the quilt back, and, while this is normally the way it should be, with this two-sided quilt, it's another matter.  The quilt top ends right in the middle of some appliquéd vessels and pots on the bottom border of the back.  It wouldn't have worked to put more backing at the top of the quilt, because the appliquéd words, 'In Love With Africa', are right there at the top of the backing.

This first appliqué work of the children jumping rope is perhaps my very favorite of them all.

In some of the photos, you get a sneak peak at the back of the quilt, as it's rolled on the take-up bar.


















2 comments: