Thursday, September 3, 2020

Top Border, JoeAnn's Dear Jane Quilt

Today I put together the backing for my customer's 'Dear Jane' quilt, loaded it on my frame, and got about three-quarters of the top border done.  The outer (non-pieced) triangles have too much fullness, so I starched them thoroughly and then pressed them with a hot iron.  That helped quite a bit, and most of the triangles are behaving pretty well, though a couple have some unavoidable tucks in them.  I may hand-stitch the tucks down to make them less noticeable, if my customer desires.

There is Dream Wool batting in the quilt.  I'm using Gutermann 50-weight Tuskegee Gray 100% cotton thread on top, and 60-weight Bottom Line thread in a matching color in the bobbin.





Now see what starch and an iron can accomplish:








No comments:

Post a Comment