Saturday, January 18, 2020

Last Hexagons of the Week

Last hexagons of the week!  A couple of these hexies are very, very close to a couple of previous hexies, but... not quite.  😉😏  One has more echo lines; one has closer lines in the diamonds.  There will be more repeats, I'm sure; I don't think I can come up with 439 different designs!

A little more on the borders, and then I'll launch into the sky of the central panel, which is where the quilt gets its name, 'Atlantic Beach Path'.  The quilt was made using the One-Block Wonder technique, and measures 123" x 124".

Also included in these pictures are my second-floor quilting studio, views from the north and east windows, and a Thomas Kinkade suncatcher my mother gave me two or three years before she passed away in December of 2003.

In answer to your questions:
I quilt with a non-computerized 18" Handi Quilter Avanté.
The quilting is free-motion and rulerwork.  The rulers are Handi Quilter's 4" swag set, half-circles, and a straightedge.
I'm using So Fine #50, Bottom Line #60, and Signature #40 in shades of white, cream, light blue, medium blue, royal blue, gold, charcoal, olive green, and variegated sand.  There's light blue Mettler #50 in the bobbin.
The batting consists of 80/20 cotton/poly as a base, with Quilters' Dream wool on top.





















No comments:

Post a Comment