Saturday, December 21, 2019

Atlantic Beach Path, Loaded

The Atlantic Beach Path quilt is loaded on my frame.  It's bigger than I thought! -- it's 123" x 124".  I had to add a 10" strip of batting to the king-sized Quilters' Dream wool; fortunately, I had some left over from another quilt.  As for the bottom layer of 80/20 cotton/poly batting, I pieced it together from numerous leftovers.  I should've counted how many pieces I put together; there were a lot.  I used up one giant bag full of batting leftovers.

Teensy is sitting there innocently pretending he's not paying any attention to what I'm doing, and certainly not planning anything I might disagree with, such as clambering into the batting that's hanging onto the floor and making himself comfortable.

The two layers of batting are to make the quilting really show up well.  80/20 goes on the bottom, because it works well as a stabilizer. Wool goes on top, because it has a good deal of loft, and will emphasize the quilting. Wool is 'indiscriminate' -- that is, it will 'poof' the quilting on both front and back. However, with the 80/20 under it, the 'poof' will particularly show on top



No comments:

Post a Comment