Friday, January 12, 2018

Carol's Christmas Quilt, All Quilted

My customer's Christmas quilt is all quilted, and removed from the frame.  I couldn't find a good place to lay it out and take a picture of it!  It's 1°F, with a wind chill of -15°, as the wind is blowing at 45 mph.  And the deck is all covered with snow.  Sooo... I tried to get some pictures indoors.  But the quilt is 96" x 103".  Here's the best I could do:

Here it is, lopped over the HQ16 frame downstairs...

This will be the last quilt I do on the HQ16.  I've already listed the machine, along with the frame, for sale.

I tried putting it on the twin bed in the library upstairs.
Nope, that doesn't look right.  😆

Not too bad from this angle, maybe...



This is Teensy's 'But I want to!" face after I tell him, "Don't get on the quilt!!!"

Now here it is, lopped over the Avanté frame in my new quilting studio.
Just look how much brighter it is in this room than in my basement studio.






Over there on the other side of the room is my maple cutting table with my Bernina Artista 180E sitting on it.  To its right, in the dormer, is my trusty old Bernina 830 Electronic Record, purchased when I was 17 years old.  That was ♪ ♫ looong, long ago,  ♪ ♫ looong ago!  ♪ ♫  In late 1977, to be exact.  It still runs like a, well, like a sewing machine.  😉





The machine under the Harvest Star cover on the right is my Bernina 1800DC serger and coverstitcher.







A box makes a snazzy place for a pedicure.

Okay, now I decided to try for a photo of this quilt on our king-sized bed.  It fits just fine on the bed, but the trouble is, the room is too small, and I can't get far enough away to get a good shot with the entire quilt showing!  🙄


Well, that's the best I can do.  Tomorrow I will meet Carol at the Milady Coffeehouse.  I'll take along my camera and tripod.  Maybe I can get a decent shot of it there.

Here's a section of the back of the quilt.


6 comments:

  1. Love it, and love all your photos of your new room! Have fun playing in your new room , with YOUR stuff for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Just don't know how you can do all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Cat, Donna, and Martha! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty Sarah!! You are gifted! Love that bright big room! Enjoy! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete