Saturday, December 26, 2015

Double Wedding Ring Quilt by Grandma Ruby

Just look what my sweet mother-in-law gave me for Christmas:  a double wedding-ring quilt made by her mother, Larry's Grandma Ruby, in about 1974 or so.  It's machine-pieced and hand-quilted, and the fabric of the small pieces in the curves consists of scraps left over from clothes Grandma Ruby had made many years earlier for Norma and her three sisters.

A few raveled spots need to be repaired, but, for the most part, it's in good condition.  The edge is scalloped.

I am honored that she gave it to me.





3 comments:

  1. What a treasure. I don't think I've ever seen a double wedding ring with red and cheddar, it is stunning. And all the different fabrics from the clothes, just warms my heart thinking about the love and care that went into the quilt and the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and so treasured! It went to the right person.

    ReplyDelete